This blog post contains my Sunwarrior Review + Coupon Code. Use code FEELMOREGOODER for 20% off!
“Sunwarrior was born on a warm Arizona evening during the Sedona Raw Spirit Festival. Two different men with different dreams met with one desire, to create a company and a product that benefit mankind and the planet mankind occupies.
Nick Stern began juicing in his teens, earning him the nickname “NatureBoy” early on. In his twenties he competed as a body builder and played semi-pro sports. At the time, being an athlete meant consuming massive amounts of animal products and by-products. After his competitive career ended, his body felt toxic, racked with aches and pain. He turned back to a plant-based diet, the pain bled away, and Nick felt a renewed sense of wellness.
Denley Fowlke received his first true call to action when he became a father of twin girls just beginning their lives with serious, life-threatening conditions. He and his wife, Jan, embarked on a quest for the knowledge to save their children. Denley learned that many answers to health issues could be found in nutrition and nature. His daughters recovered, but his quest never ended.
The two men combined their dreams, their savvy business personalities, and their environmental consciousness to create Sunwarrior, a company committed to making the best plant-based products while elevating humanity and preserving the planet.”
“Nutritional research demonstrates that the best energy source for the body is a slow-burning carbohydrate that provides well-balanced sugar and insulin levels. Our activated barley provides slow-burning carbohydrates by delivering energy for more than two hours.
Sunwarrior Activated Barley is the ultimate body fuel for hard training athletes and bodybuilders. It is perfect for for controlling hunger and supplying energy while dieting. Other benefits include maintaining and lowering cholestrol levels, building the immune system, and controlling energy and glucose.
The Properties of Activated Barley:
-Like regular barley, it ranks incredibly low on the glycemic index
-It has all of the nutritional value of barley — high levels of tocotrienols and beta glucans.
-Barley contains 1,000s of active enzymes.
-It is an ultra-long-chain carbohydrate that takes up to 4 hours to break down in the digestive tract — thus providing a slow, sustained release of energy and insulin.
-Because the release is so slow, it actually lowers the body’s insulin response.
-It provides over 400% more energy per calorie than any other food calorie known. (Despite what the USDA may tell you, not all calories are created equal.
-It produces readings of up to 320,000 on the Bovis scale.”
My Description & Thoughts:
The reason I consume green supplements is because of their outrageous health benefits. Therefore, when asked “Does it taste good?” in regards to powdered greens, I struggle to answer immediately because I’m thinking, “The point isn’t about whether it tastes good or not.”
I am not advocating solely consuming foods that don’t taste good, in fact, I keep finding new ways to incorporate a very greeny, earthy flavor like barley in a manner that makes it taste delicious.
For example, I love adding this barley powder to Kombucha (brands like GT’s and Reed’s make great, organic, raw Kombucha) and to my everyday smoothie. The green flavor is easily masked by other fruits and milks that you add to it.
This is a great quality product that I believe is great to have on hand for a quick, green boost of energy. It can be mixed with water for quick, on-the-go consumption.
“Sunwarrior Ormus Supergreens are grown in a pristine, ancient volcanic valley in Southern Utah and Arizona. The fertile, mineral-rich volcanic soil nurtures this organic, green superfood, rich with platinum, gold, silver, and ormus trace minerals that give the greens a magnetic property.
Sunwarrior Ormus Supergreens uses a patented cold-drying process which protects the heat-sensitive bioactive components and phyto-nutrients, making a superior raw, green superfood beverage that is both alive and bio-available.
- A pure probiotic food cultured in the greens themselves with no powdered probiotics added.
- Sunwarrior Ormus Supergreens uses a pattented cold-drying process which protects the heat-sensitive bioactive components and phyto-nutrients, making a superior raw, green superfood beverage that is both alive and bio-available.
- Produced in the United States, carefully controlled and monitored for purity and organic compliance.
- Sunwarrior Ormus Supergreens are some of the best tasting greens on the planet.”
My Description & Thoughts:
My thoughts regarding this product basically echo my thoughts on the activated barley. I love the health benefits of consuming nearly all things green and plant-like. I use this product just as a I described using the barley: either mixed simply with water, added to kombucha, or thrown into an everyday smoothie. It does help to have a powerful blender with different settings to achieve exactly what you want.
To my knowledge, certain greens (like these greens by Sunwarrior) are the most nutritionally dense food item you can consume. So, why not down a glassful? Insta-health! 🙂
“Liquid Light is a plant-based fulvic acid liquid mineral complex created by nature in an ancient petrified plant deposit of Utah. The ionic trace vitamins and minerals are extracted using a cold process to create a liquid supplement that contains one of the strongest chelating agents found in the natural world. What are other benefits of this ionic liquid mineral complex?
- Liquid mineral supplements pulled from an ancient and pristine petrified plant deposit in a rural region of Utah
- Provides major nutritional elements, including liquid iron and liquid magnesium, along with trace dietary minerals
- Plays an elevated role in the absorption and assimilation of these nutrients through the chelation process
- A powerful natural electrolyte contributing to both electrical and chemical balance within cells
- Contains all the trace elements found in living systems
- A super transporter carrying nutrients to the cells
- Contains all the trace ionic elements found in living systems
- A super transporter that aids the absorption and transport of nutrients into cells
- Raises energy levels as toxicity drops to promote endurance and stamina
- Nature’s most powerful heavy metal chelator, delivering essential minerals while also eliminating toxic heavy metals like lead, cadmium, and mercury
- Supports enzyme reactions to improve digestion and assimilation
- Neutralizes acidity in the body
- Promotes a sense of well-being due to easy to digest liquid ionic minerals that nourish at the cellular level
- Take with other supplements to enhance utilization of both
- Take before and after workouts
- Great in smoothies, juice, or water.”
My Description & Thoughts:
I have been acquainted with drinking aloe vera juice as a daily elixir for a few years now. This Liquid Light mixture reminds me of that. It provides similar, bountiful benefits to the digestive system and even tastes similar to aloe.
It doesn’t have a very overwhelming flavor, making it great to add to smoothies–as you can drink the benefits without experiencing much of a flavor. I would describe the flavor as slightly bitter, light, and watery. If anything, it would add a slight zip to any drink you added it to. It can certainly be consumed straight out of the packet/container as well.
The packet that Sunwarrior generously provided to me was the perfect size in regards to portability. I recommend this to anyone looking for a healthy boost to their digestive system. (who isn’t?) 🙂
“Sunwarrior Classic Protein uses an old world process, combining the endosperm and bran from raw sprouted whole grain brown rice, to create the first completely hypoallergenic protein, containing all essential and non-essential amino acids in a perfectly balanced profile. Sunwarrior Classic Protein has the highest amount of (non soy) raw, whole-grain sprouted, vegan protein of any product available.
- A great tasting plant-based protein with a silky smooth texture that blends easily without the chalky or grainy consistency found in other vegetable based protein powders.
- Created with a low temperature, natural enzyme process that uses neither chemicals nor acid hydrolysis.
- Free of gluten, solvents, GMOs, radiation, artificial flavors, artificial preservatives, or artificial colors.
- Naturally rich in vitamins and minerals, and other essential nutrients such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, phosphorous, iron, and potassium.
- Easily digested by children, the elderly, and adults.
- Increases absorption and effectiveness of vitamins and minerals.
- One of the best protein powders available for any lifestyle, not just vegan or vegetarian.”
My Description & Thoughts:
This protein brand is one of the best I’ve ever tasted. I use it daily as a base for my “smoothies” that I make in my blender bottle. In general, I have always preferred vanilla over chocolate. That is the case here, too. I find it delicious to mix with nearly any fruit.
I am impressed with the standards that Sunwarrior holds their products to. Knowing that these products are always non-gmo is fantastic thing. Obviously, this is a brand that is very ingredient conscious and strives to generate the best products made from the best sources.
If you’re anything like me, you seek out “USDA Organic” and “Certified Organic” labels. In addition to their non-gmo standards, know this about Sunwarrior Protein, (as I mentioned earlier, but wanted to reiterate):
“We are currently in the certification process and hope to be fully certified soon. All Sunwarrior products are organic compliant. Those who produce our ingredients and package our products are organic compliant according to NOP (National Organic Program) regulations.”
“Warrior Blend fuses and multiplies the power of several rich protein sources into a smooth, great tasting, and revolutionary proprietary formula that is overwhelmingly superior to the individual components alone. This dynamic fusion, along with a cold extraction process, creates a unique, raw, plant-based protein with a complete amino acid profile exceptionally high in Arginine, Lysine, Leucine, and branched chain amino acids.
The next generation in raw, plant-based protein is here, breaking through the constraints of other protein powders. Warrior Blend is an easily digestible, nutrient filled superfood perfect for anyone who wants to amplify their health and fitness levels. Best of all, it tastes phenomenal.
- Contains all essential amino acids in a complete, balanced profile
- One of the best protein powders for any lifestyle, not just vegan or vegetarian
- Free of solvents, GMOs, radiation, artificial flavors, artificial preservatives, or artificial colors
- Contains no animal products, dairy, egg, gluten, soy, added sugar, wheat, or yeast
- Great source of energy
- No cholesterol
- Heart healthy
- Increases metabolism to burn fat while building muscle
- Easy to digest and creates a feeling of satiety (fullness)
- Promotes healthy kidney and liver functions
- A green, hypoallergenic food
- Improves mental clarity
- Helps relieve candida.”
My Description & Thoughts:
You might wonder what the difference is between Sunwarrior’s “Classic” Protein and the “Warrior Blend” protein. I wondered, too. Jaron at Sunwarrior was very helpful and thorough in answering this question for me:
“The Classic Rice (raw vegan) and the Warrior Blend (raw protein). The Classic Rice is a bio-fermented raw sprouted whole grain brown rice protein. The Warrior Blend is a blend of cranberry pea and hempseed proteins. Classic is best for weight loss but, in contrast, it’s not ideal for muscle building. Warrior Blend aids in weight-loss and helps promote muscle growth. Both contain roughly the same amount of protein per serving.”
What I took from that:
Sunwarrior Protein Classic: best for weight loss oriented individuals
Warrior Blend: best for athletic performance oriented individuals
This product is stellar! Just like the Classic blend, it is delicious The vanilla is my favorite of the two.
It appeals to me as a runner and someone who lifts weights. I also am a huge advocate of hemp protein and love this the Warrior blend contains it.
Plant-based proteins have the power to nourish, heal and build the body on paramount levels. This is an excellent product to add to your daily intake if you are seeking optimal health. And again, who isn’t? 🙂