I’ve reviewed Kaia Naturals’ facial cleansing wipes before and was a fan of them, which made me eager to try these unique exfoliating beads.
About Kaia Naturals’ Bamboo Tapioca Beads:
“Cleanser + Exfoliator + Mask
Cleansing with an exfoliate daily ensures glowing skin everyday.
Using this gentle cleansing/exfoliating powder thoroughly removes excess oil and particles trapped within the skin’s epidermis. The bamboo beads are suspended in 100% natural powder and can be activated with 10 different liquid options
- Bamboo Tapioca Beads gently exfoliates using micronized bamboo high in natural silica. Bamboo is considered by cosmetic formulators to be one of the most effective exfoliants for skin. An added bonus is it is sourced from a natural/biodegradable source.
- Suspended in unique natural powders to dissolve excess oil. Tapioca and chickpea powders work to absorb oil and exfoliate skin.
- White Clay offers extra purging properties with the ability to draw out debris clogging pores.
- Coconut Amino Acids work as a gentle cleanser.
- A bouquet of botanical oils keep the skin fresh and glowing.
100% natural, paraben-free, gluten-free, vegan friendly and certified cruelty free.
Directions: Activate powder with water to form a milky paste, massage in gentle circular movements all over face and neck, wait for a minute and rinse off.
Bamboo Tapioca Beads can also be used as a mask
Directions: Activate powder with water to form a milky paste, apply to face, leave on for 10 minutes and rinse off.”
I like the idea of a cleanser containing an exfoliant. My skin seems to fair best with exfoliation every few days, versus doing it daily. It’s a great way to get rid of the “build up”, dead skin cells and just the dirt that sits atop skin.
As you can see above, Kaia Naturals states all of their ingredients–and they are all recognizable. In regards to ingredient quality, I learned this:
“The Bamboo Tapioca Beads Daily Cleansing Powder includes one organic ingredient and the rest are all natural. It is 100% gluten-free, cruelty-free and vegan.”
I do appreciate that Kaia Naturals products are paraben free, but I aim to seek more organic ingredients if I plan to purchase more.
The product itself is mostly powder with small tapioca beads. It’s a little inconvenient to have to to mix it together in the palm of my hand (in the shower) to achieve the desired consistency for facial cleansing. As an exfoliator, it is very gentle–making it ideal for those with sensitive skin. I tend to prefer a bit more thorough exfoliation, so this one was a little bit weak for my liking. The job it does actually cleaning skin is satisfactory.
I’d recommend this product to someone with sensitive skin looking for an above-average exfoliant, cleanser and/or mask. Though it is not entirely organic, it is a step above most products you’ll find at your local drug store.