Sample Description from the Crispy Apple Thins:
“Crispy Thins is a delicious crispy fruit thin that is carefully sliced and baked to preserve the fruit’s original shape and flavor. Our thins are rich in fiber and taste. Fat-free and low in calories to make it the perfect snack. Natural Sins is the NEW Generation of HEALTHY Snacks!
- The perfect anytime snack, healthy & delicious.
- 100% natural, baked dried fruit!
- NO Preservatives, Fat-free, sodium-free, gluten-free, GMO-free, Dye-free, low calorie and rich in fiber.
- 100% Crispy fruit-thins! (Approximately 1 mm thick, not gummy, foamy, or sticky slices).
- Made from Apple and Cane Sugar.”
At first glance at these products, I thought that the convenience of them is nice and the variety of fruits and the veggie (beet) they offer is appealing. As with any food product, I strive for organic and raw as much as I can. Learning that these dried snacks are non-gmo is a big step in the right direction, but I’m looking for more than that. I do see air-dried fruit and veggie strips & chips to be a great, on the go option. That said, I also think that bringing a baggie of fresh fruits and/or veggies can be just as simple.
These Natural Sins snacks are delicious in regards to taste. Even the beet chips have the slightest zip of sweetness, making them delicious and satisfying in their own right.
I’d recommend them to someone looking for a healthier swap for the typically genetically modified potato chips. I’d love to see them made organically–I’d be more “on board” with them in that case.