This is my Manduka Pro Yoga Mat Review.
An ultra-dense and spacious performance yoga mat that has unmatched comfort and cushioning. The PRO® will never wear out, guaranteed.
Manduka Pro Yoga Mat Specs:
Standard: 7.5 lbs; 71″ x 26″; 6 mm thick
• Extra Long: 9.5 lbs; 85″ x 26″; 6 mm thick
• Closed-cell surface to keep moisture and sweat from seeping into the mat and breeding bacteria (ideal for hot yoga).
• High-density cushion for unparalleled experience, joint protection, and versatility on any surface (carpet, cement, hardwood floors).
• Fabric-like surface finish for optimal movement between poses.
• Sustainable engineering ensures high quality material will not peel, flake or fade. Product improves with use over time.
• Proprietary dot pattern bottom to resist sliding.
• Standard 100 by OEKO-TEX®️ certified.
• Emissions-free manufacturing.
• 100% latex free.
• Actual logo color may vary.
• Please note: PRO mats are hand poured and colors may vary slightly from mat to mat.
Manduka Pro Yoga Mat Review: My Experience
It doesn’t take more than a few poses on this mat to notice that it’s truly engineered to compliment your practice. The grippiness, the thickness and the overall feel all work together to make my practice feel stable and supported.
I’ve tried a few other yoga mats of lesser quality in the past, and I can definitely tell a difference between those mats and this mat by Manduka. The Manduka Pro Yoga Mat is superior in durability, grippiness, ease of storing and is thick without sacrificing stability. I’ve used a mat before that was very cushy, but it didn’t feel as high performance and would often times stick to my hands and feet as I moved through my flow.
Would I Recommend?
I would absolutely recommend this mat. With yoga mats, you do tend to get what you pay for. Another important thing to consider is that when you invest in a nice mat for yourself, you shouldn’t have to ever purchase one again. With cheaper mats, you may mow thru them with daily use because they get scratched and break down with time.
This is a more sustainable way to buy yoga gear, from my vantage point. Plus, when I have a nice mat to retreat to, I truly look forward to my practice because I know that my mat will elevate the energy I am putting into my mobility work.
Some side notes on this mat:
-Easy to clean (I use a non toxic, all-purpose cleaner with probiotics)
-Love the dark green color (they’ve named this color Black Sage)
-Also very useful to do home workouts, bodyweight movements and some Crossfit movements on this mat. It’s not just for yoga!
-If you’re taller than I am (5’9″), you may opt for the long mat at 85 inches in length