Welcome to this post: Manduka Yoga Mat Review.
Manduka Yoga Mat Review
Manduka Yoga Mat Specs:
- Standard: 7.5 lbs; 71″ x 26″; 6 mm thick
- Extra Long: 9.5 lbs; 85″ x 26″; 6 mm thick
- Closed-cell surface to keep moisture and sweat from seeping into the mat and breeding bacteria (ideal for hot yoga).
- High-density cushion for unparalleled experience, joint protection, and versatility on any surface (carpet, cement, hardwood floors).
- Fabric-like surface finish for optimal movement between poses.
- Sustainable engineering ensures high quality material will not peel, flake or fade. Product improves with use over time.
- Proprietary dot pattern bottom to resist sliding.
- Standard 100 by OEKO-TEX®️ certified.
- Emissions-free manufacturing.
- 100% latex free.
- Actual logo color may vary.
- Please note: PRO mats are hand poured and colors may vary slightly from mat to mat.
Manduka Yoga Mat Review
It doesn’t take more than a few poses on this mat to notice that it’s truly engineered to compliment your practice. The grippiness, the thickness and the overall feel all work together to make my practice feel stable and supported.
I’ve tried a few other yoga mats of lesser quality in the past. Moreover, I can definitely tell a difference between those mats and this mat by Manduka (It’s called self-love!). The Manduka Pro Yoga Mat is superior. Also, it’s excellent in terms of durability, grippy-ness, and ease of storing. Too, it is thick without sacrificing stability. I’ve used a mat before that was very cushy. But, it didn’t feel as high performance. Furthermore, those would oftentimes stick to my hands and feet as I moved through my flow.
More about Manduka as a brand:
Manduka wants you to come as you are. They believe that yoga is for everyone. Manduka offers that it does not matter who you are or why you choose to practice. This is a brand that will be there. From Manduka, you can expect product innovation, education, and community. This enables you to both experience and share the transformative power of yoga.
Would I Recommend?
I would absolutely recommend this mat. With yoga mats, you do tend to get what you pay for. Also, another important thing to consider is that when you invest in a nice mat for yourself, you shouldn’t have to ever purchase one again. Too, with cheaper mats, you may mow thru them fast. Daily use causes them to get scratched and break down with time.
Furthermore, this is a more sustainable way to buy yoga gear. Too, I truly look forward to my practice because I know that my mat will elevate the energy I am putting into my mobility work. In summary, it’s been a nice mat to retreat to,
Some side notes on this mat:
-Easy to clean. I use a non toxic, all-purpose cleaner.
-Love the dark green color. They’ve named this color Black Sage
-Also very useful to do home workouts, bodyweight movements and some Crossfit movements on this mat. Great compliment for the Manduka foam roller. It’s not just for yoga!
-If you’re taller than I am (5’9″), you may opt for the long mat at 85 inches in length
Thank you for stopping by my Manduka Yoga Mat Review!
Perhaps you landed here because you were searching the web for “Manduka Yoga Mat Review” or “Manduka Mat Review” or “Manduka Pro Mat Review” or “Manduka Pro Yoga Mat Review” or “Manduka Reviews” or “Manduka Yoga Mat Review”. No matter what you’re typing into your search engine, I’m glad you’re here. Manduka is a quality brand and leader in the yoga gear industry. And, I’m stoked you’re in the market for some of their gear. I hope you found this post helpful!