This post is sponsored by Smoothie King: Smoothie King’s New HIIT Fit Paleo Smoothies.
Smoothie King’s New HIIT Fit, Paleo, Macro-Balanced Offerings
I’ll be the first person to tell you that I tend to make smoothies at home mostly because I can control the ingredients and I know what I’m in for. From my experience (and I’ve been out of the buying-smoothies-outside-the-house-game for a while), mass-produced and/or store bought smoothies are imbalanced. Meaning they are either full of mostly sugar or mostly protein. Also, they commonly lack micronutrients because they are not made with whole foods.
My body responds well to a lower-sugar & carb diet (nope, I don’t run from carbs or claim to be keto 100% of the time), I’ve just noticed that my body responds well if carbs do not dominate my diet. Also keep in mind–every body is different and has different needs.
Okay okay, so without going too far down the nutrition rabbit hole–here’s how Smoothie King has changed how I look at store-bought smoothies. Smoothie King’s HIIT Fit smoothies fit so well into my approach (by the way, HIIT stands for High Intensity Interval Training, which is a good description of my Crossfit lifestyle).
I am not neurotic or obsessive about it, but I do strive to get a good dose of healthy carbs right after my workout. It’s a habit that I stick to most of the time because it allows me to burn fat during my workouts instead of running on carbs that I just ingested. In other words, other individuals may ingest their carbs before their workout, but I opt not to for that reason. I do what’s called carb-backloading. These smoothies allow me to refuel my depleted glycogen stores after my workout thru the fruits used in both of these blends.
The HIIT Fit smoothies come in two blends: Chocolate Cinnamon and Veggie Mango.
- Smoothie King’s new HIIT Fit Smoothies contain a 40/30/30 balance of carbs, fat and FITAID® + Paleo Protein to help you recover.
- HIIT Fit Chocolate Cinnamon – 100% cocoa, almond butter, Califia Farms® Almond Milk, dates, bananas, cinnamon and FITAID® + Paleo Protein
- HIIT Fit Veggie Mango – Organic spinach, mangoes, bananas, almonds and FITAID® + Paleo Protein
- Both HIIT Fit Smoothies are Paleo-friendly and help you recover faster from your High-Intensity Interval Training workouts with key vitamins & nutrients from FITAID® + Paleo Protein.
- HIIT Fit Smoothies have no added sugar, less than 450 calories and over 25 grams of protein per 20 ounces.
- There are no artificial colors, flavors, preservatives or other unhealthy ingredients on the No-No List in any smoothie from Smoothie King.
When I first heard about these new smoothie options, I was floored. Mainly because I am used to store-made smoothies to be full of things I typically stay away from like dairy, processed fruit juices, added sweeteners, artificial ingredients, etc. I’m excited to know about these new offerings and see Smoothie King as a place I can look to for my post-workout, paleo-friendly gains!
Not to mention that both blends are super duper delicious (no joke) and I can see my taste buds craving each one on different days.