Welcome to this post: Jay Robb Protein Powders Review. Use code GOODER20 for 20% off!
Jay Robb Protein Powders Review
About Jay Robb:
“When you follow your dream with passion, you will never work another day of your life. Even if I didn’t get paid for what I do, I would still do it. That is how you know you are fulfilling your purpose in life. Like Mark Twain said, “Make your vocation your vacation and you will never work another day.” Anyone can be successful if they will stop thinking about money, follow their dream with passion, roll up their sleeves, and go to work. I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I merely have used what talents and gifts I have been given and made the most of them. That is life’s secret formula for success.
My love affair with health and fitness is a beautiful experience that will never end. Teaching others how to be happy by living in harmony with nature is my purpose on earth. It is truly an honor to share my knowledge and wisdom with the world. I have also been blessed with an absolutely gorgeous wife, Beth, who is the love of my life along with our four beautiful children. I live in Jupiter, Florida with my family and enjoy surfing, meditation, the beach, working out, writing, sunbathing, and spending time with my family.”
Jay Robb Protein Powders Review: Whey Protein Powder
Jay Robb’s Description:
“Jay Robb’s Whey Protein is made from the finest natural ingredients available and delivers 25 grams of first class protein, 0-fat, 0-cholesterol, 0-sugars, and only 1 gram of carbohydrate per 30 gram serving. Only cold-processed cross-flow microfiltered whey protein isolate is used as the protein source and this material comes from farm-raised, pasture-grazed, grass-fed cows not treated with the synthetic bovine growth hormone rBGH.
Whey protein isolate, which is used exclusively in Jay Robb’s Whey Protein, is created by microfiltering liquid whey through a special ceramic membrane to create the highest grade of whey protein possible. This unique process also yields a whey protein isolate that is much higher in protein than a whey protein concentrate and is also rich in immunoglobulins, alpha-lactalbumin, and beta-lactoalbumin and other immune boosting factors.
Unique natural flavors and the herb stevia are used to create a flavoring system that is palate pleasing and has made Jay Robb’s Whey Protein famous across the nation. Their tagline, “The Best-Tasting Protein on the Planet,” says it all.”
My Description and Thoughts:
I first learned about the Jay Robb brand through following professional volleyball player Gabrielle Reece and professional surfer Laird Hamilton. They used to sell these products on their website–and any product they advocate I will at least try. Most times, though, when I try what they recommend, it becomes a staple in my pantry. This protein is no exception. I have tried several different flavors and though I have my favorites, they are all excellent. Though I am aware that the egg protein has been deemed the gold standard for proteins, I would choose the taste of the whey protein over the egg white protein if I had to pick. Here is my breakdown of each flavor:
- Vanilla: this one is definitely the most versatile for me. The vanilla flavor goes well with so many fruits and other ingredients that I add to my smoothies. The flavor is excellent–very rich and satisfying.
- Tropical Dreamsicle: I am a big fan of tropical fruits, thus, this protein immediately sparked my interest. It goes well with pineapples, mangoes, papayas, kiwis, peaches, nectarines, and any other similar fruit you can imagine. The protein itself is so yummy and you forget you’re drinking a nutritious drink when you add it to your smoothie.
- Strawberry: This flavor is also very versatile. I like it best when mixed with bananas. Chocolate almond milk, or something similar is also yummy with the strawberry flavor.
- Pina Colada: If I could pick a favorite flavor for a drink/smoothie/slurpie/snow cone it would, without a doubt, be Pina Colada. That said, this is my favorite flavor. It tastes like such an indulgence. It goes well with a lot of the same fruits that the “Tropical Dreamsicle” flavor does: pineapples, mangoes, papayas, kiwis, peaches, nectarines, and bananas.
- Chocolate: Who doesn’t love chocolate? I certainly do. The flavor tastes similar to the real thing. I like it best with bananas and strawberries. I made a chocolate shake for my brother as well (who is open to trying new health drinks, but gives his honest reaction and feedback) and he loved with bananas, almond milk, and ice.
Also, in regards to organic, Jay Robb states this on their website:
“Is your whey protein organic?
We are guaranteed by our supplier in writing that the whey comes from cows not treated with rBGH. The product is not certified organic due to limited supply of organic whey protein raw material at this time. We hope this will change in the future as the demand for our product grows.”
I have come to learn that that there are some companies like Jay Robb that merely hold themselves to the same standards as companies that use the “organic” label. Jay Robb simply does not have the certification. They provide a laundry list of ingredients they never use, which is a lot more that can be said about many popular protein brands.
Jay Robb Protein Powders Review: Egg White
Jay Robb’s Description:
“Jay Robb Egg White Protein powder is unique and famous for its natural flavor systems. The egg white protein raw material is derived from chickens not treated with growth hormones. The protein is flash pasteurized for safety, with no additional heating used during the final processing.
We believe that nothing on the market out-performs Jay Robb Egg White Protein Powder. In the world of protein, egg albumen is nearly perfect! And our egg white formula is chock-full of PURE egg albumen! plus our Egg White protein formula contains no cheap fillers or sweeteners like fructose, malto-dextrin and glucose polymers. Plus it contains NO FAT, making it ideal to blend with a high quality flax seed oil.
Our ingredients contain NO gluten, NO msg, NO casein, NO artificial colors and NO artificial flavors.”
My Description and Thoughts:
I first learned about the Jay Robb brand through following professional volleyball player Gabrielle Reece and professional surfer Laird Hamilton. They sold these products on their website, and any product they advocate I will at least try. Most times, though, when I try what they recommend, it becomes a staple in my pantry. This protein is no exception. I have tried several different flavors and though I have my favorites, they are all excellent. Although I prefer the whey protein flavor over the egg white flavor, I include the egg white protein in my routine because it, like the whey, is high quality and has a great reputation. Here is my breakdown of the flavors:
- Vanilla: like the whey protein vanilla flavor, for me, this vanilla flavor goes with the most things. I have not come across an ingredient (fruits, milks, seeds) that it does not go well with. The flavor isn’t as satisfying as the vanilla whey protein for me, but it does provide a good dose of the egg protein benefits.
- Strawberry: like the whey protein strawberry flavor, the strawberry flavor goes with many things, but I like it best with bananas. Again, the whey protein strawberry flavor tops this one. It does, however, still tastes a lot better than other strawberry protein powders I’ve tried.
- Chocolate: this chocolate flavor isn’t as rich, to me, as the whey protein version–but it still tastes excellent and beats other chocolate protein powders I’ve tried. It goes well with bananas and strawberries.
Jay Robb Protein Powders Review: High-Protein Jay Bar
Jay Robb’s Description:
“I’ve raised the bar on bars and created the JayBar—a great tasting protein bar without sugar, corn syrup, casein, artificial sweeteners, maltitol, acesulfame-K, evaporated cane juice, aspartame, or sucralose!
Gluten, wheat, Soy, MSG, hydrogenated oils, transfats, artificial sweeteners, acesulfame-K, aspartame, sucralose, splenda, casein, glycerine or maltitol.
Our xylitol is naturally extracted from NON-GMO corn cobs (they are Kosher too) to produce pharmaceutical grade xylitol that is basically NON-ALLERGENIC due to the processing and purity of the product. Our xylitol is not derived from birch fiber. Xylitol created from birch trees must be extracted with sulfuric acid, which is a highly corrosive chemical used to manufacture paint, detergents, fertilizers, and explosives. We chose to avoid that.
- It is corn based (Kosher corn cob specifically)
- The corn is NOT genetically engineered, (Non-GMO) (GMO stands for Genetically Modified Organism)
- Corn is used to avoid the use of sulfuric acid necessary in birch fiber extracted xylitol.
- The xylitol we use is naturally extracted, non-allergenic pharmaceutical grade.”
My Description and Thoughts:
I am normally not a huge fan of protein bars for several reasons:
- Normally they contain a plethora of preservatives to extend their shelf-live.
- They are not satisfying, have a strange taste, and are not fulfilling.
- They have very few natural ingredients and a lot of fillers.
These bars are different, and have thus changed my perspective on protein bars. They are free of the laundry list of preservatives common to other protein bars. They also taste really delicious and are convenient to grab when you’re in a hurry, traveling, or simply want the satisfaction of eating a fudge brownie, peanut butter, or a cashew-coconut flavored bar without the guilt. Here is my breakdown of the flavors:
- Fudge Brownie: this is my favorite of the three. It’s really yummy and provides a nice chocolately flavor. It has just the right moisture to it and it will give you a healthy chocolate fix. Yum yum.
- Peanut Butter: this is my second favorite of the three. It reminds you of the real thing, yet doesn’t contain all of the calories from fat like ordinary peanut butter does. This one is nice and moist also, and gives you a salty fix. Delicious.
- Cashew-Coconut: This one was good, but was not AS good as the other two. I figured that it would be my favorite judging from the flavor names, but the flavor was not quite as satisfying as the fudge brownie and peanut butter bars. This is definitely a good change of pace and is excellent in it’s own right. This flavor is more unique than chocolate and peanut butter–which many other protein bar companies make.
I enjoy protein in my smoothies more than I like the bars, but you cannot replicate the convenience that these bars provide. As far as protein bars are concerned, these are the best protein bars I’ve ever had.
Even though these bars are intended to be meal replacements, I had the idea to chop them up into cubed chunks and add them to yogurt to make a dessert. I do not normally include much dairy in my daily intake, so I would use a almond or coconut alternative yogurt.
Do you recommend this protein? I am trying to find a NON GMO protein and do you have any recommendations for supplements?
I do recommend this protein-it is non gmo. I also really like Truition Whey protein and Manitoba Harvest Hemp protein.
Just started using the whey protein. I am using my magic bullet to blend with 1c unsweetened vanilla almond milk. It comes out really bubbly/foamy…do you know how to make it less sudsy? Need to get my hands on a single serve of piña colada..living in south Florida – excited to see he 45 mins north in Jupiter, FL!
Great review..saw you post on his FB page