This is a review + summary of my experience with Planetbox eco-friendly, sustainable lunch boxes and portable food containers.
I’ve always been on the look out for reusable, sturdy food storage options that don’t require me to use disposable plastic bags and give me the freedom to tote food/drinks around with me effortlessly. Planetbox totally fits this bill and then some.
- Easy: PlanetBox will serve as your guide for what and how much to pack. We’ve done the thinking for you. And now your morning routine just got a whole lot easier.
- Safe: We take “non-toxic, non-leaching, safe from BPA, phthalates, and lead” very seriously – in fact, it’s why we designed PlanetBox! We don’t think you will find safer products on the market than ours.
- Cost Effective: Why should you pay this much for a lunchbox? Because it’s cheaper to buy food in bulk and pack your own meal. Because your health is worth it. And because it’s an investment your family will use every single day for many years to come – over its lifetime, it will pay off in spades.
- Great Design: When something actually works well, it makes all the difference. We spent years studying and living how people use lunchboxes. We thoroughly thought through all the details, so you and your kids get the joy and ease of using a superbly designed product.
- Enjoyable: Think packing lunch is a dreaded chore? Our innovative lunchboxes actually make packing lunch fun and enjoyable – for your kids and yourself!
- Eco: PlanetBox lunches create a whole lot less trash, which should help you sleep better knowing you’re doing your part to help the planet for future generations.
- Built to Last: This isn’t your childhood flimsy tin lunchbox. Our high quality stainless steel is warrantied for 5 years, and has been known to survive getting thrown off the school bus (not that we recommend that).
- Healthy: Forget to pack some veggies? The empty compartment will remind you. Concerned about overeating? That won’t happen – PlanetBox is designed to hold sensible portions. So eat a rainbow of foods, and enjoy.
- Stress-Free Cleanup: Dishwasher safe? Heck yeah. Peanut butter left for a week? No problem – our stainless steel doesn’t retain yucky food odors or stains like those unfortunate plastic containers do.
- Customizable: Whether you’re a rock star, a paleontologist, or a flower child, we’ve got a magnet set for you. And when you decide to become an astronaut or fairy lover next year, just change your magnets and you’ve got a fresh new lunchbox to suit your style.
Here are the products I’m using:
I am just so pleased with how easy my Planetbox is to pack, how it has pockets on the outside of the carrying bag (perfect for a La Croix or even the Tank snack container), how cool it looks, how many compliments I get on it, how easy it is to clean, how it fits a hefty sized meal and how it makes me feel like I’m doing something small + good for the planet.
The only thing I’ve run into is that I had trouble with leakage when I put a tomato sauce on top of some lentil noodle inside my Launch box. It seeped out the side. To prevent it the next time, I just put the sauce in the Tall Dipper instead. Worked well that way!
If you’ve been looking for reusable options that are not plastic, check them out at Planetbox.com.