About Grimmway Farms:
“The story of Grimmway begins right here in an agricultural haven known as the Southern San Joaquin Valley in central California. The Grimm brothers began nurturing their family business in the fertile soil of Kern County more than 3 decades ago. Today, their roots run deep. Grimmway Farms has grown to become the largest grower, producer and shipper of carrots in the world; but the family still insists on walking the fields, visiting the processing facilities and performing their own brand of quality assurance – every single day. In 1968 when Rod and Bob Grimm set up their first roadside produce stand, the brothers made a promise: always take care of the customer.
Decades later, that promise has never been broken. Grimmway Farms’ dedication to consistent quality and dependable service has made us the global leader in our industry.
Yet no matter how the size and scope of our company grows, every Grimmway employee is committed to staying true to our founding philosophies: provide good value, honest pricing and conduct business with integrity.
Grimmway believes in providing service to our customers on a personal level. We believe that today’s consumer wants food products that are innovative, exciting and nutritious. All good reasons Grimmway chooses to partner with other industry forerunners to develop creative new product ideas our consumers and their families will enjoy.
Acknowledging and responding to the issues important to our customers is important to us. To address the growing consumer demand for pesticide-free fruits and vegetables, Grimmway Farms is continuously developing new avenues of opportunity. In 2001, we acquired Cal-Organics, a pioneer organic produce company providing more than 75 organic product offerings.
Your safety and confidence are of the utmost importance to us.
Grimmway Farms knows that it’s important for you and your family to be confident in the safety of the produce you consume. Our safety standards are among the highest in the industry.
- Awarded Shield #002 for participation and acceptance in the USDA Qualified Through Verification (QTV) program.
- Third party auditors include USDA, AIB, Siliker Labs, Scientific Certification Systems, Davis Fresh Technologies and many of our customers have excellent in-house audit programs as well.
- Food Safety Standards and Guidelines: Guide to Minimize Microbial Food Safety Hazards for Fresh Fruits and Vegetables – October 1998. Food and Drug Administration 21 CFR Part 110.
- Good Agricultural Practices include monthly self-audits, quarterly third party program audits, and an annual intensive 3 day third party audit. Each field is audited prior to harvest. All new contracted growers must complete a self-audit as part of the contract. Audit reports may be reviewed by an additional third party.
- Mock recalls are completed and documented often, with one of five most probable scenarios.
- A new isolated Pathogen Laboratory for environmental testing provides us with results in 24 to 48 hours.”
Cal-Organic and Grimmway Farms (both product lines under the same umbrella) are the two primary brands my family looks to when we shop for carrots. In a market full of produce, I typically smell, feel and evaluate the texture of the produce before buying it. In this case, I have always been able to trust that these carrots are fresh, plump and organically grown without scrutinizing them. We don’t typically buy much packaged produce–but Grimmway Farms definitely makes the cut.
We mainly buy the baby carrots and fresh carrots with the greens attached. They are perfect for our girl’s school lunches and our labrador Kona also enjoys them. The carrot stixx make for an excellent salad topper or a healthy fresh boost for mac & cheese–and the carrot coins are a nice addition to a veggie stir fry. I have fun using my imagination with these carrot products. The ways you can use them are virtually endless–and you can always feel good about the nutritional benefits you’re receiving from this root vegetable.
I’ve developed a recent affinity for Grimmway’s new True Organic juices. They are incredibly tasty. My favorite is the pure carrot juice. The other flavors like Bananaberry Crush and Blended Blue taste sublime–but I stay mindful that they are loaded with sugar, since they are mostly fruit. I typically add a few gulps to a green drink so that I get a boost of sweetness without consuming the whole bottle of fruitiness at once.
It’s neat to witness a brand like this, whose values are so high, doing so well and now creating organic juices. That makes me happy for Grimmway and happy for consumers to have access to these products. These products are available in many grocery stores in the produce section, so be sure to keep an eye out for these root-y goodies.